These are the conditions subject to which The Victorian Bar Inc. (we or us) provides the website accessible from www.vicbar.com.au (Website). In using the Website, all users of the Website (you) agree to these conditions.
Use of information at own risk
We provide no warranty that the information accessible from the Website (Information) is accurate, up-to-date or complete and in no circumstance does the Information constitute legal advice. You are responsible for independently verifying the Information, if you intend to rely upon or use it in any way. In appropriate circumstances, this may necessitate that you obtain independent legal advice. The Website includes Information provided to us by third parties (including our member barristers) and that Information may not have been vetted by us. You use all Information at your own risk.
We disclaim all responsibility
To the maximum extent possible under applicable laws:
- All implied warranties in relation to the Information and your use of the Website are excluded.
- We exclude all liability, including for negligence, to you arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Information or from your use of the Website.
- Where such liability cannot lawfully be excluded, we limit our liability, at our option, to resupplying any goods or services in respect of which the liability arose or refunding any amounts paid for those goods or services.
The Website contains links to other sites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience only and do not mean that we in any way endorse or approve those sites or third parties. We have no responsibility for your use of those sites or for any dealings that you may have with any third parties (including any of our members).
Intellectual property rights
Copyright in the material accessible from the Website is owned by us or our licensors. You may:
- Make temporary copies necessary to browse the Website on-screen.
- Unless otherwise stated, download or print a single copy of such copyright material for personal, private or research use.
- Not change any such material or remove any part of any copyright notice or disclaimer.
Apart from any other uses permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, all other rights (including in all trade marks displayed on the Website) are reserved.
To the extent that the Website provides any service that enables you to post or upload any information to the Website (Service), you acknowledge and agree as follows:
- You must use the Service in a reasonable and responsible manner, taking into account the effects that your use of the Service may have on other users, and must not use the Service for any improper purpose.
- You must not post or upload any information which is false, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, obscene or offensive or which otherwise contravenes any applicable laws nor use the Service in any way that gives rise to the infringement of the intellectual property rights of any person.
- Where, to enable use of a Service, we issue to you a user name and password, you must not provide this user name and password to any other person and must keep them secure. You are responsible for all aspects of the use of your user name and password.
- In using the Service, you must take reasonable precautions to guard against the transmission of any virus or other form of malicious or intrusive computer code.
- We may remove or edit any information that you post or upload to the Website in our absolute discretion and without reference to you.
We may from time to time vary these conditions. The conditions applying to your use of the Website at any particular time will be those accessible from the Website as at that time.
These conditions are governed by the law of the State of Victoria and we each submit to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State. If part or all of any provision of these conditions or their application to any person or circumstance is illegal or unenforceable the provision will be interpreted so as to ensure it is not illegal or unenforceable. If any provision or part of it cannot be so interpreted, the provision or part of it will be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions of these conditions continue in force.