Admitted to the Legal Profession:
07 Apr 1988
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
22 May 2003
B.Ec., LLB (Hons)
Also entitled to practise in:
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
New South Wales
Frank has been a member of the Bar since 2003 practising principally in taxation and commercial law.
Before joining the Bar:
- Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office in the technical (assessing and compliance) and management/ administration branches. He was a Director in the Melbourne Office of the ATO when he left to join Corrs Chambers Westgarth; and
- in 1987 Frank joined Corrs Chambers Westgarth, becoming a partner in 1994. Subsequently, he became a Practice Group Leader and was a Board Member when he left the firm to join the Bar. His practice was principally a taxation and corporate and commercial law practice.
Committee and Professional Memberships
- a member of the Executive of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia (2007 to date) and its former Chair (2012 and 2013), Deputy Chair (2010 and 2011) and Treasurer (2014);
- a member of the Law Council's Business Law Section Taxation Committee (1997 to date) and the past Deputy-Chair (Melb) (2003 & 2004) and National Chair (2005 & 2006) of that committee;
- a member of the Revenue and Taxation Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria (from its inception);
- a Chartered Tax Advisor and Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia;
- a member of the Federal Court Users' Committee;
- a part time Senior Member of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal (appointed 2009 and reappointed 2014);
- a member of the International Association of Tax Judges (2014 to date);
- an accredited advocacy coach;
- a former member of the Melbourne Advisory Committee to the Board of Taxation (2006 to 2015); and
- a former Chair (2010 - 2012) and Deputy Chair (2006 - 2010) of the CPA Australia Disciplinary Tribunal.
- a Senior Fellow of the Law Faculty of the University of Melbourne lecturing in Taxation Law subjects in the Masters Program (2005 to date); and
- a member of the Council of Mannix College at Monash University (2008 to date).