Admitted to the Legal Profession:
07 Apr 1988
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
22 May 2003
B.Ec., LLB (Hons)
Also entitled to practise in:
Federal Court of Australia
High Court of Australia
New South Wales
Frank has been a member of the Bar since 2003 practising principally in taxation and commercial law.
Before joining the Bar:
- Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office in the technical (assessing and compliance) and management/ administration branches. He was a Director in the Melbourne Office of the ATO when he left to join Corrs Chambers Westgarth; and
- in 1987 Frank joined Corrs Chambers Westgarth, becoming a partner in 1994. Subsequently, he became a Practice Group Leader and was a Board Member when he left the firm to join the Bar. His practice was principally a taxation and corporate and commercial law practice.
Committee and Professional Memberships
- the Treasurer of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia;
- a past Chair of the Executive of the Business Law Section of the Law Council (2012 and 2013);
- a past Deputy Chair of the Executive of the Business Law Section of the Law Council (2010-2011)
- a member of the Law Council's Business Law Section Taxation Committee and the past Deputy-Chair (Melb) 2003 & 2004 and National Chair 2005 & 2006 of that committee;
- a member of the Revenue and Taxation Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria;
- a Chartered Tax Advisor and Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia;
- a member of the Melbourne Advisory Committee to the Board of Taxation (2009 to date);
- a member of the Federal Court Users' Committee;
- a former Chair (2010 - 2012) and Deputy-Chair (2006 - 2010) of the CPA Australia Disciplinary Tribunal; and
- a part time Senior Member of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal (2009 to date).
- a Senior Fellow of the Law Faculty of the University of Melbourne lecturing in Taxation Law subjects in the Masters Program; and
- a member of the Council of Mannix College at Monash University.