Frank worked for 12 years with the Australian Taxation Office in the technical (assessing and compliance) and management/ administration branches. He was a Director in Melbourne when he left.
He joined Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 1987, becoming a partner in 1994. Subsequently, he became a Practice Group Leader and was a Board Member when he joined the Bar. His practice was principally a taxation and corporate and commercial practice.
Committee and Professional Memberships
- the Chair of the Executive of the Business Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- a member of the Law Council's Business Law Section Taxation Committee and the past Deputy-Chairman (Melb) 2003 & 2004 and National Chairman 2005 & 2006 of that committee
- a member of the Revenue and Taxation Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria;
- a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia;
- a member of the Melbourne Advisory Committee to the Board of Taxation;
- a member of the Federal Court Users Committee; and
- the 2010 - 2012 Chair of the CPA Australia Disciplinary Tribunal and a former Deputy Chair (2006 - 2010) of that Tribunal;
- a part time Senior Member of the Commonwealth Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
- a Senior Fellow of the Law Faculty of the University of Melbourne lecturing in Taxation Law subjects in the Post Graduate Studies Program; and
- a member of the Council of Mannix College at Monash University.